Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Publishing Secrets

I've noticed since I have a book out I have been asked a lot about the publishing process. I've even read manuscripts and been asked many technical questions as well.

I love helping anyone with questions so feel free to keep asking. If I don't know I have a few friends and resources I can use to hopefully give you the answer you need.

However, ever person I talk to I end up recommending this book to them. It is called LDS STORYMAKERS Publishing Secrets. I want to link it from my site so you can buy your own copy from amazon.

(click on book to order)

It's great for a few reasons, one is that it is written by several authors who have great experience in the topic. So you hear several opinions and scenarios instead of just one persons.

It is great specifically if you are trying to get published in the LDS market, but it does talk about all different types of publishing.

I felt a little overwhelmed when I first started reading it from cover to cover then I decided to just read a chapter at a time, along my own publishing process. I used it as an instruction manual of sorts as I approached each step.

I was thrilled to find they also have a book called "Writing Secrets" It is equally wonderful and another one I recommend!

No comments: