Monday, April 5, 2010

The Sapphire Flute

I am SOOO excited to be posting about this book! Honestly, my delight in the publication of this book is second only to that of my own book. Karen is a friend I meet when she reviewed my book, (check it out here) We have been instant friends ever since.

I was privileged to read this book as a manuscript. I loved it right away! I had no doubt the story of the wolfchild would be printed for the world to read one day.
I've never been a huge fantasy fan but wow I was in love with The Sapphire Flute's characters and pulled into their adventure immediately. I enjoyed getting lost in Karen's words of cleaver imagination and recommend The Sapphire Flute to young and old.Karen came by on a lazy day at home so ignore the awesome look I'm sporting. =)
Karen is currently holding a contest which ends soon so hurry over to her blog.
Here is her Press Release:
Valor Publishing Group announces the release of Karen E.
Hoover's highly anticipated book, The Wolfchild Saga: The Sapphire Flute.
The young adult fantasy has already created a wave of interest in national blogging circuits, earning a modest Hoover the title of The New J.K. Rowling by Valor Publishing Group president, Candace E. Salima, who reaffirms her belief in the series' big screen possibilities, saying it has the potential to rival the Harry Potter series. "It is that
good and we are so proud of Karen."

The Sapphire Flute - the first in seven of Karen E. Hoover's books in The Wolfchild Saga - takes readers on an unexpected and exciting journey through the eyes of two young heroines, Ember, a shape-shifter of secret origins and Kayla, a gifted musician who is the guardian of the precious flute. The girls' journeys are set on a collision course as they face difficult paths and discover their destinies are shaped by the Keepers who preside and maintain order in their world of magic.

"Hoover is very talented when it comes to bringing life to her characters, like a puppeteer to the
marionette," says popular blogger, Elizabeth Mueller. "Karen has a vivid imagination and it is not difficult to follow the artistic weave of her words."

Karen E. Hoover resides in Utah with her husband and two sons. She will be signing copies of her first release at The Gateway Barnes & Noble in Salt Lake City, March 16, 2010 from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
--more--
Pre-orders are being taken on the Valor Publishing Group website at www.valorpublishinggroup.com .

For interviews or to book speaking engagements with Karen E. Hoover, please contact her publicist, Justin Anderson: justin@valorpublishinggroup.com or call him at 801-455-2824.

4 comments:

Tamara Hart Heiner said...

it sounds awesome! I'll definitely have to check it out!

Haley Hatch Freeman said...

Thanks Tamara
It's great for teens too if you have any. I bought an extra copy for my nephew.

Karen E. Hoover said...

Haley, I just love you! Thanks for the awesome review, for reading my book in the earlier stages, and for buying it now. You totally rock!

Haley said...

You are so very welcome Karen.